Ports of entry along the Turkish coast are listed below: Trabzon, Giresun, Ordu, Samsun, Hopa, Rite, Sinop, Zonguldak, Tekirdag, Istanbul, Canakkale, Bandirma, Akcay, Ayvalik, Dikili, Izmir, Cesme, Kusadasi, Didim (Soke), Gulluk, Bodrum, Datca, Marmaris, Fethiye, Kas, Finike, Kemer, Antalya, Alanya, Anamur, Tasucu, Mersin, Iskenderun.
Formalities concerning the documentation of the yachts departing from the last port of call or entering port or mooring-place for winter lay-up shall be carried out at the port of departure or winter mooring place. Upon entry into Turkish Territorial Waters, the foreign yacht will be recorded in the yacht owners' or captains' passport by the customs authorities. This record should be canceled by the customs authorities upon departure for foreign ports or when leaving the yachts for winter lay-up in Marinas.
These spare parts and equipment will be recorded in the inventory of the yacht.
For detailed information please contact the marina management.
2. If leaving for or returning from foreign ports, Turkish and foreign yachts are required to complete the full clearance procedure with the customs, health and passport police authorities.
3. Yacht owners or captains must surrender their transit to the harbour-master when the cruise is completed.
2. In such cases arrangements should be made to take the documentation supplied by the yacht harbour (i.e. contract copy and letter of authorization), to the relevant regional customs office.
3. Yacht owners may leave their yachts for longer periods, up to 5 years, provided that the yacht is sailed from the harbour at least once every 2 years. (It is not necessary to leave Turkish waters).
4. At the end of 5 years the Ministry of Tourism has the right to extend the permitted duration of stay.
2 Yachts owned jointly or owned by yacht clubs or associations can be sailed with any one of four nominated joint-owners.
3. Turkish or foreign private yacht owners may have foreign or Turkish guests on board for the purpose of travel, sport and leisure as long as there is no commercial undertaking.
Validity 3 months
Cost 25 US$ for foreign yachts
The Transit Log will be canceled under the following circumstances:
1. After 3 months
2. Departure for foreign ports
3. For charter yachts, at the end of the cruise
4. Replacement of the person who has completed the Transit Log
5. When new crew join the yacht
6. When the yacht owner or captain leaves the yacht in a marina for laying up Under any of these circumstances, a new Transit Log will be required.
1. Tax-free fuel will be available for use only in foreign yachts and will be obtainable only from marinas and shipyards licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism.
2. The owner of the yachts may be Turkish or foreign but must be a person having a permanent place of residence outside of Turkey.
3. The yacht may be brought to Turkey with the owner or may be brought two months earlier or later than the owner's arrival in Turkey.
4. The yacht may receive the tax-free fuel only in the presence of the owner.
2. If the yacht owner or captain takes over the yacht, their vehicles must be put into the marina customs bond under the responsibility of the marina.
3. The vehicles may be left in bond for up to 4 months. Before expiry date, an application may be made to the chief customs authorities of the district for an extension of this period for a further 2 months.
4. Regulation No. 120 dated 12 July 1985 states that foreign yacht owners cannot keep their yachts and their vehicles on their passports at the same time. It is advisable that on entering Turkey, the yacht owner's wife or friends have the vehicle recorded in their passport.
1. If they are from South Africa, a 21-day visa is obtainable for tourism purposes free of charge.
2. If they are from England (5 pounds), Ireland (5 pounds), Austria (150 Sch.), Italy (5 US$), visas are valid for 3 months ( a 3-month visa will be given on entry).
3. From other Western European and North American countries, yachtsmen will be issued with a 3-month visa free of charge.
Yachtsmen who wish to stay in Turkey for more than 3 months, should apply for renewal of their visa to the district center office before the expiry date of their visa. If a renewal is required for longer than 3 months, the district center office will have to obtain confirmation from Ankara before it can be issued. (There may be a delay of up to 2 months to receive this renewal).
If yachtsmen leave Turkey for a foreign port and later return, a 3-month visa will automatically be issued.
The limit for diving with diving gear is 30 meters. For educational purposes, this limit is extended to 42 meters. Dives exceeding 30 meters must be carried out with proper diving and medical equipment. In order to protect Turkish archaeological and cultural values, it is strictly forbidden to transport Turkish antiquities or natural specimens.
Although this information is believed to be correct at the time of writing, the marina does not accept any liability for errors, omissions, or changes made by the authorities without prior notification.